February 5 2018 Committee Meeting

//February 5 2018 Committee Meeting

February 5 2018 Committee Meeting

Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on February 5 2018 at 10.15am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, John Cullity, David Brawn, Garry Broadbridge, Gail Paton, John Underwood, James Robinson
Apologies Laurie Watson, Margot Claringbold, Marilyn Kellett, Mary Beare

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 22 January: Approved
Actions Arising from Minutes:
Budget funding for Apex Park toilets replacement.
Footpath for Alexandra St:
– Stuart to ask Paul Keech if Council will include in District Park funding
– Margot to obtain costing from Council and Ken Hutt

Berry District Park
Council plans to have a consultation/workshop with children so that they can inform the infrastructure design. The designers will then be able to complete the design for exhibition.
Action: James to enquire of Council how the project can regain momentum and protect its budget funding.

Sustainability Focus Area
Highlights from Council Sustainability Futures Meeting held on 1 February:
• Shoalhaven Water to go to tender for a solar farm at its Callala waste-water treatment plant
• Community committee formed to plan a community solar farm, possibly located at the disused North Nowra tip (subject to Council confirmation about the suitability of the site)
• A manager has been recruited to plan for Council’s future energy needs
• A community sustainability communications plan is being developed.

S96 Amendment for Huntingdale Park development
Pindan wish to present their revised S96 Amendment at the next Forum meeting. However, they cannot confirm yet when it will be lodged.
Action: Stuart to ask Phil Costello if someone from Council could attend the meeting to explain the S96 review process and to advise residents of the relevance of the DCP and how submissions should be made?

Letters concerning Forum Committee Procedures
Action: Stuart to post additional letters from lawyers Holding Redlich and the Committee’s response on the website.

Action: John C to ask associate, who is a lawyer, to discuss options with the Committee at its next meeting.

Draft Agenda for 15 Feb Forum
• Co-working space for small business (Kate Dezarnaulds)
• District Park Detailed Design Status (Liliana Hutchinson)
• Council DCP re Streetscape Design
• Correspondence received from lawyer

Next Committee meetings – 26 February, 19 March, 9 April
Next Forum meetings –15 February, 19 April

2018-03-13T10:59:23+00:00 March 13th, 2018|