June 4 2018 Committee Meeting

//June 4 2018 Committee Meeting

June 4 2018 Committee Meeting

Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on June 4 2018 at 10.15am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, John Cullity, Garry Broadbridge, James Robinson, Laurie Watson, Margot Claringbold, Marilyn Kellett, John Underwood, David Brawn, Gail Paton
Apologies: Mary Beare.

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 14 May: Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes : None 

Discussion with Chamber of Commerce Reps
Anthony Houghton and Bill Seelis attended to discuss the following items:

  • Noticeboard – the Forum will retain half of the noticeboard facing the pharmacy. The Chamber will take over the side facing Milkwood and arrange for community notices to be transferred to the front window of the IGA.
  • Bangalee Motel DA – the Committee explained it was not anti-development and that the focus of its submission was to ensure the vital heritage values of the town are correctly considered in the context of the application.
  • NRMA EV Charger – there was agreement on the need to convince the NRMA that there are viable sites for a charging station in Berry.
  • Tourist accommodation LEP loophole – Anthony raised his personal concerns over the Committee’s actions in seeking to have the loophole removed.

Action: David to provide response to Chamber on issues raised.

Agenda for June 14 Forum meeting

  • Correspondence and confirm Minutes
  • RePower Shoalhaven (Solar) – Peter Crick
  • Station Master’s residence – Annette Frohling
  • Bangalee Motel DA – Forum Committee Submission

Planning & Development

  • Bangalee Motel – Council’s assessment of the DA is unlikely to complete before end-July.
  • S96 Amendment for Huntingdale Park. It is unlikely that the application will be lodged in before the 14 June Forum meeting. We will ask Council staff to attend a presentation to describe the process for residents to communicate their views.

Sustainability Focus Area

  • No single use plastic bags from 1 July at the IGA
  • “Return and Earn” facility installed at the Bowling Club to recycle suitable bottles and cans
  • NRMA considering locations for EV charging station after Albany St option was withdrawn
  • Long term strategic plan for the Shoalhaven being developed with the support of Griffith and Wollongong Universities. First workshop held on 1 June.
  • Community solar garden project under way with support of UTS and ARENA. Possible location is closed North Nowra tip.  

Council Matters
There is a budget allocation of $300,000 for the Apex Park toilets replacement
We will seek Council part-funding for the footpath in Alexandra Street. 

Other Business
Equestrian Centre – Action: Stuart to request a status on progress from Council.
District Park – the Detailed Design should complete in the next few months, and a temporary pump track may be constructed shortly.

Next meeting –18 June, 9 July
Next Forum – 14 June, 16 August

2018-06-12T10:24:48+00:00 June 12th, 2018|