Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the School of Arts on Monday 29th May 2017 at 10.15am.
Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, James Robinson, John Cullity, Marilyn Kellett, Margot Claringbold, Bill Rice, David Brawn, Hania Norman, John Underwood, Laurie Watson. Apologies: Dorothy Hanbridge, Mary Beare
Minutes of Meeting held 1 May: Approved. No actions arising.
Preview of Forum meeting on 8 June
- Fulton Hogan update – Plans for Bypass Bridge walk and opening of Bypass
- District Park
- Rockfield Park L&E Court decision (if known)
- Land Valuations and impact on rates bills – process
Town Centre (Bill)
Aim to present plans to the Committee in August, followed by community engagement during September. Funding may be required for a workshop.
Infrastructure & Facilities (Laurie)
Plans have been prepared for tree plantings and for kerbs and gutters.
Heritage buildings are under review.
Sustainability (David B)
The Tesla representative has indicated there are no suitable sites in Berry for a supercharging facility.
Boomerang Bags – supporting the launch on 5 June.
- Councillors familiarity tour on Friday 16 June – we will propose North St. as a meeting point for discussion of the District Park proposal.
- The DA for a new ambulance station off North St has been lodged.
- We will seek to attend the ‘Get Together’ of community groups on 1 June.
Next Committee meeting – 19 June at the Uniting Church
Meeting closed 12:15 pm