Nov 7 Committee Meeting

//Nov 7 Committee Meeting

Nov 7 Committee Meeting

Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
Held at the School of Arts on Monday 7th November 2016 at 10.15am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, Laurie Watson, Hania Norman, Bill Rice, James Robinson, John Underwood, David Brawn, Dorothy Hanbridge, Mary Beare, Margot Claringbold
Apologies: Marilyn Kellett, John Cullity

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 13 October – Approved

Actions arising from the Minutes
– Stuart rang James Harris at Council about the District Park, but his call was not returned.
– David C. advised that we needed to elect a Vice Chair as required by our constitution.
Nominated: Bill & James. Elected James.

Strategic Plan Focus Areas
Committee Members will participate in the following Key Focus areas:

  1. Develop a Town Centre that highlights Berry’s atmosphere & appeal – Dorothy & Bill
  2. Prepare plans for Cycle & Walking Paths in and around Berry – John C (tbc)
  3. Provide a high level of well-maintained infrastructure and facilitiesLaurie, Margot, John U.
  4. Maintain Berry’s unique character through careful planning & development – Stuart, John C (tbc), Hania
  5. Establish Berry as an environmentally aware community with sustainable practices – Mary & David B.
  6. District ParkJames, David B, David C, John U, Hania

Action: James to circulate template for terms of references for sub-committees to use.

Berry District Park

  • A motion was passed at Council regarding the Project reference Group (PRG) that recommended the following membership – 2 from the Forum, 2 from Rotary, 1 from the Chamber and 1 from the Sporting Complex management. In addition, all councilors would be members.
  • On Friday 4 November, Stuart, James, John U and David B. met with Rotary members, with the aim of coordinating the community response to Council. The meeting was fruitful and it was agreed that the Forum would draft terms of reference to send to Council, once Rotary has signed-off.
  • Its proposed that a workshop be held first to establish objectives, scope and key stakeholders

Action: Stuart to circulate draft TOR for review.

Updates on Mt Hay Issues
Following the meeting with the Minister on the LEP loophole, the Dpt of Planning is reviewing potential changes to the statewide LEP. All councils have been asked to comment.
Action: Stuart to circulate the recommendations that have been sent to all councils

The report submitted to the L&E Court hearing by Council’s planner has been obtained via an FOI request. It contained photos of the site that were all taken on an overcast day and no buildings are visible.

Agenda for the Forum meeting on 8 December

  • Xmas drinks and nibbles prior to the main meeting. Committee members to bring a plate. Wine to be organized and donations to help cover cost.
  • Fulton Hogan update
  • District Park presentations by Rotary and sports groups
  • Focus Area Sub-Committees status
  • George St garden status
  • Update on DoP and meeting with Minister (if available)

Council half-yearly CCB meeting is on 29 November from 10am to 2pm.

Next Committee meeting – 28 November

2017-05-19T07:08:15+00:00 November 29th, 2016|