Sept 3 2018 Committee Meeting

//Sept 3 2018 Committee Meeting

Sept 3 2018 Committee Meeting

Minutes for the Berry Forum Committee Meeting
At the Uniting Church on Monday Sept 3 2018 at 10.15am.

Present: David Carter (Chair), Stuart Coughlan, David Brawn, Gail Paton, Margot Claringbold, Laurie Watson, Garry Broadbridge, John Cullity, Mary Beare
Apologies: John Underwood, James Robinson and Marilyn Kellett

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held on 13 August – Approved
Actions arising from the Minutes – None 

Planning & Development

  • Huntingdale Park Presentation Summary
    Action: Stuart to send minutes with main issues from meeting to Council
  • Planning Proposal re Hitchcocks Lane
    Action: Stuart to request status from Council on the gateway determination
  • Tourist accommodation – issues raised by other resident associations were discussed.

Draft Agenda for 11 October Forum meeting
Council Road Safety Project for Queen Street
District Park status (Liliana Hutchison)
– Huntingdale Park application (explain main issues)
– Initiatives – Omar Khalifa
AGM
– Chairman’s Report
– Annual Financial statement
– Minutes of previous AGM to be approved
– Election of Forum Committee

Infrastructure & Facilities
– Victoria St Bridge by Alexandra St Park – Laurie to raise with Brad Davis
– 45-degree rule re tree removal. A residents group wants this rule removed.
   Action: We will await the outcome of the meeting between the group and Phil Costello regarding this issue.

Sustainability
– EV charging site status pending
– Solar garden – Council Committee is developing a plan, but needs funding.
– Farmers market run by Kiama group will commence at the Showground on 20th Sept

Council Matters
– Councilors tour Friday 14 Sept. -District Park, George St Park, Queen St project & HPE ?
– Awaiting response on request for additional funding to cover SoA hall cost increase

Other Business
John Wells is on a drought relief committee organized by the local dairy industry to raise money for drought-affected farmers in the area. Rotary will be directed as to where to distribute funds collected.

Next Committee meeting 1 Oct.
Next Forum meetings – 11 October

Meeting closed: 12:20pm

2018-09-07T01:50:19+00:00 September 5th, 2018|